Mississippi Valley St. reinstates coach Potts
Mississippi Valley State coach Chico Potts has been reinstated after a brief suspension following his arrest earlier this month on a domestic violence charge for which he was recently acquitted.
Mississippi Valley State coach Chico Potts has been reinstated after a brief suspension after his arrest earlier this month on a domestic violence charge for which he was recently acquitted.
"I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men's basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University," Potts said Tuesday in a news release. "I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season."
In his first season in 2012-13, Potts guided the Delta Devils to a 5-23 record, including a 5-13 mark in the SWAC.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who led Mississippi Valley State to the NCAA tournament's First Four before losing to Western Kentucky in March 2012. After leading the Delta Devils to a 21-13 record, including a 17-1 mark in the SWAC that season, Woods left to coach Morehead State.
Information from ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz was used in this report.
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 43 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos