Mississippi Valley St. reinstates coach Potts
Mississippi Valley State coach Chico Potts has been reinstated after a brief suspension following his arrest earlier this month on a domestic violence charge for which he was recently acquitted.
Mississippi Valley State coach Chico Potts has been reinstated after a brief suspension after his arrest earlier this month on a domestic violence charge for which he was recently acquitted.
"I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men's basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University," Potts said Tuesday in a news release. "I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season."
In his first season in 2012-13, Potts guided the Delta Devils to a 5-23 record, including a 5-13 mark in the SWAC.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who led Mississippi Valley State to the NCAA tournament's First Four before losing to Western Kentucky in March 2012. After leading the Delta Devils to a 21-13 record, including a 17-1 mark in the SWAC that season, Woods left to coach Morehead State.
Information from ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz was used in this report.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 53 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos