KU to play Wake Forest in Battle 4 Atlantis
Kansas, featuring highly recruited freshman forward Andrew Wiggins, will face Wake Forest on Thanksgiving in the opening round of the third annual Battle 4 Atlantis.
The other first-round matchups announced Monday are: Villanova against Southern California and first-year coach Andy Enfield, who led Florida Gulf Coast on its NCAA tournament run in March; Xavier, in its first season as a member of the Big East, meeting Iowa; and Tennessee facing UTEP.
The Kansas-Wake Forest winner will meet the Villanova-Southern California winner in one semifinal on Nov. 29. The championship game is Nov. 30 in the Imperial Arena, a grand ballroom converted to a basketball venue.
Harvard beat Central Florida in the inaugural tournament and Duke defeated Louisville last season.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 23 min ago
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst 37 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 37 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 37 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder 20 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry 36 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 37 min ago
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
37 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search...
37 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean...
36 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos