Wake Forest buys Joel Coliseum for $8 million
Wake Forest University says it has completed its purchase of Joel Coliseum from the city of Winston-Salem.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Wake Forest University says it has completed its purchase of Joel Coliseum from the city of Winston-Salem.
The school announced its purchase Thursday. City manager Lee Garrity told The Associated Press that the price was $8 million and that the school has committed to spend $10 million in capital improvements.
City council approved the sale in May.
Wake Forest owns the 15,000-seat arena and the 33 surrounding acres.
Athletic director Ron Wellman says the school plans improvements to the venue's infrastructure and said, "We are determined to make it an even greater asset for our community."
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos