Cal's Cobbs fractures foot, out 6-8 weeks
California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
BERKELEY, Calif. -- California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
The school said in a statement Wednesday that Cobbs fractured his fifth metatarsal but didn't disclose how the injury occurred. Cobbs wrote on Twitter that it's a "minor setback for a major comeback."
Cobbs averaged 15.1 points and 4.8 assists last season, which is more than any returning player on the team. He also is the Pac-12 Conference's active career leader in assists with 324 and earned second-team conference honors last season.
Cal opens the regular season against Humboldt State on Oct 31.
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 16 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos