St. John's likely sans Jordan, Greene in Europe
Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene will likely not play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
NEW YORK -- Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene are unlikely to play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
Red Storm coach Steve Lavin said Thursday that Jordan, a 6-foot-4 guard who averaged 24.8 points and 6.1 rebounds as a senior for Philadelphia's Roberts Vaux H.S., is unlikely to play because of back spasms. Greene, who started all but one game last season and was third on the team in scoring at 10.1 points per game, is continuing his rehabilitation from hip surgery in May.
St. John's leaves Monday for the trip that will have the Red Storm visit France, Italy and Spain, playing games against professional teams in each country before returning Sept. 1.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 29 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 56 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 32 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 21 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
29 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos