Butler's Jones injures wrist, will miss season
Butler junior Roosevelt Jones suffered torn ligaments in his wrist on the team's recent trip to Australia and will miss the season.
Butler junior Roosevelt Jones suffered torn ligaments in his wrist on the team's recent trip to Australia and will miss the season, the team announced Friday.
"Roosevelt suffered an injury that resulted in ligament damage to his left wrist, and he'll undergo season-ending surgery," said Butler head athletic trainer Ryan Galloy in a statement. "His prognosis is good, and he's expected to make a full recovery for next season."
Jones, a versatile 6-foot-4 wing who averaged 10.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists a year ago, is one of the cornerstones of the team as new coach Brandon Miller takes the Bulldogs into the Big East.
"First and foremost, our thoughts are with Roosevelt," Miller said in a team release. "He has worked very hard to position himself to have a terrific junior year. Having said that, Roosevelt is a tough-minded, determined young man, and I am confident he will return from this adversity an even better player and person. Despite not playing, Roosevelt will continue to have an impact in leading this team as we move forward."
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 2 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
17 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos