Butler's Jones has season-ending wrist surgery
Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
New coach Brandon Miller said he was happy the surgery went well, and he expects Jones to make a full recovery.
Jones was injured when he tried to break a fall during the first half of the first game on Butler's recent four-game trip to Australia.
The rising junior would have been Butler's top returnee in scoring at 10.1 points, rebounding at 5.6 and assists at 3.5. He was the only player to start all 36 Butler games last season.
Earlier this week, Miller called Jones one of the most unique players in the nation and said that Butler would need multiple players to fill in for Jones as the Bulldogs move to the Big East.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 22 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 13 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 24 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 43 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 39 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
17 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
24 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos