VCU graduate Haley to play center for USC
Center D.J. Haley has joined Southern California's basketball team and will have one year of eligibility with the Trojans.
LOS ANGELES -- Center D.J. Haley has joined Southern California's basketball team and will have one year of eligibility with the Trojans.
New coach Andy Enfield said Friday that he expects Haley to be a valuable contributor in the senior's return to his home state.
Haley graduated from VCU this summer with a degree in mechanical engineering.
The 7-foot, 250-pounder started four of 29 games for VCU last season, averaging 1.9 points and 1.9 rebounds. He was second on the team with 18 blocked shots.
Haley played against USC in an opening round victory by VCU in the 2011 NCAA tournament.
He is from Palmdale, Calif.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos