Living in the past: Error embarrasses UNLV
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, a billboard aimed at generating excitement in UNLV's athletic programs depicts football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger -- now with Oklahoma -- with the slogan "Come To Our House."
UNLV has a proud basketball tradition, so pardon the Rebels for accidentally living in the past.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that a local billboard aimed at generating excitement in UNLV athletics and selling season tickets depicts football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger with the slogan "Come To Our House."
One problem: Lon Kruger's "house" is a long way from campus. He's been the coach at Oklahoma for two years since leaving UNLV after the 2010-11 season.
Dave Rice, who replaced Kruger as the Rebels' coach, was amused by the mistake.
"I thought it was humorous," Rice told the Review-Journal. "It's one of those things that happens. But I'm the last person who would take himself too seriously. … Hey, if Coach Kruger can help us sell tickets, great."
Athletic department officials, however, were not as good-natured.
"To us, it's not a laughing matter," interim AD Tina Kunzer-Murphy told the Review-Journal. "... Our marketing people never saw it. But it's being taken down, and we hope to have a replacement with Dave and Bobby up."
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 22 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 28 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos