CBS acquires rights for Big East basketball
CBS Sports has struck a deal with Fox Sports to acquire to the rights to televise Big East basketball game from the 2013-14 season through 2018-19
NEW YORK -- CBS Sports has struck a deal with Fox Sports to acquire the rights to televise Big East basketball games from the 2013-14 season through 2018-19.
In the first year of the deal, CBS will broadcast two games and CBS Sports Network will air 18.
Beginning with the 2014-15 season, CBS Sports will have the right to up to 30 men's basketball games per year, with up to five on CBS.
The deal gives CBS the rights to nonconference and conference games. CBS Sports Network also will air a minimum of two women's basketball games per year, as well as some Olympic sports.
The Big East is back to being a basketball only conference. The schools without FBS football teams broke away from the football schools and took the name.
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 41 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 37 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos