Sources: Villanova assistant Lange to 76ers
Villanova associate head coach Billy Lange, just days after turning down a position to coach the Houston Rockets Developmental league affiliate, has accepted a spot with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Villanova Wildcats associate head coach Billy Lange, just days after turning down a position to coach the Houston Rockets' Development League affiliate, has accepted a spot with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Sources told ESPN.com that the 41-year-old Lange, who is in his second stint with Jay Wright on Villanova's staff, will become the assistant for player development.
Lange was Wright's director of basketball operations from 2001 to 2004, then spent seven seasons as the head coach at Navy before returning to Villanova as an assistant two years ago.
Lange has been an integral part of Villanova getting back on track after a 13-19 season in 2011. The Wildcats returned to the NCAA tournament this past season, and their recruiting efforts have been strong since Lange rejoined the staff.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos