PG Newberry commits to Oklahoma State
The Oklahoma State Cowboys appear to have found a replacement for Marcus Smart.
Jeff Newberry, one of the top junior college point guards in the country, told ESPN.com he has committed to Travis Ford and the Cowboys for he 2014-15 season.
"It just felt like home as soon as I touched down on campus," said Newberry, who took an official visit to Stillwater last week.
The Cowboys will also certainly lose their starting point guard in Smart, who told Yahoo! Sports that he will leave for the NBA after this season barring an injury.
"That was a big factor for me," Newberry said.
Newberry is an Atlanta native who redshirted his freshman season at Ole Miss and spent last season at Northeastern Oklahoma -- where he was extremely productive. Newberry decided to go to New Mexico Junior College this season.
Newberry is considered a scoring point guard who has significantly improved his perimeter shot since leaving Ole Miss.
Newberry recently cut down his three finalists to Oklahoma State, UConn and Texas Tech after eliminating LSU and Texas A&M.
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 42 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 26 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli 7 min ago
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 45 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos