PG Newberry commits to Oklahoma State
The Oklahoma State Cowboys appear to have found a replacement for Marcus Smart.
Jeff Newberry, one of the top junior college point guards in the country, told ESPN.com he has committed to Travis Ford and the Cowboys for he 2014-15 season.
"It just felt like home as soon as I touched down on campus," said Newberry, who took an official visit to Stillwater last week.
The Cowboys will also certainly lose their starting point guard in Smart, who told Yahoo! Sports that he will leave for the NBA after this season barring an injury.
"That was a big factor for me," Newberry said.
Newberry is an Atlanta native who redshirted his freshman season at Ole Miss and spent last season at Northeastern Oklahoma -- where he was extremely productive. Newberry decided to go to New Mexico Junior College this season.
Newberry is considered a scoring point guard who has significantly improved his perimeter shot since leaving Ole Miss.
Newberry recently cut down his three finalists to Oklahoma State, UConn and Texas Tech after eliminating LSU and Texas A&M.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 54 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 47 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos