Hand injury sidelines Indiana frosh Williams
Indiana freshman Troy Williams is expected to miss a few weeks after hurting his right hand during workouts.
Coach Tom Crean called the injury a minor setback.
The school did not release any additional details or a timeframe for Williams' return.
The 6-foot-7 forward signed with Indiana after playing at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia and is expected to be a key contributor on a team that lost four starters from last season, including NBA draft picks Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller. Indiana has just two seniors and no juniors on this season's roster.
At Oak Hill last season, Williams averaged 16.2 points, 7.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.0 blocks.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 25 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 30 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 36 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 54 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 45 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 54 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
25 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
30 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos