Hand injury sidelines Indiana frosh Williams
Indiana freshman Troy Williams is expected to miss a few weeks after hurting his right hand during workouts.
Coach Tom Crean called the injury a minor setback.
The school did not release any additional details or a timeframe for Williams' return.
The 6-foot-7 forward signed with Indiana after playing at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia and is expected to be a key contributor on a team that lost four starters from last season, including NBA draft picks Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller. Indiana has just two seniors and no juniors on this season's roster.
At Oak Hill last season, Williams averaged 16.2 points, 7.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.0 blocks.
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 55 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 23 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos