Akron extends Dambrot's contract to 2023
Akron has rewarded coach Keith Dambrot for a 26-win season by adding another year to his contract.
CLEVELAND -- Akron has rewarded coach Keith Dambrot for a 26-win season by adding another year to his contract.
Dambrot, who signed a 10-year contract at his alma mater in 2012, received a one-year extension on Monday, taking him through the 2022-23 season. The Zips made the NCAA tournament last season, Dambrot's ninth at Akron.
Dambrot has compiled a 210-94 record -- 107-41 in the Mid-American Conference -- at Akron, building it into one of the nation's top mid-major programs.
Akron tied a school record for wins last season, won a second straight MAC regular-season title and won the conference's tournament for the third time in five seasons.
The Zips have posted eight consecutive seasons of at least 22 wins, one of just six Division I schools to accomplish the feat.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 58 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 35 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 27 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 31 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 20 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
22 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
40 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos