Indiana freshman center has shoulder injury
Indiana freshman center Luke Fischer will miss a few weeks because of a sprained left shoulder.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana freshman center Luke Fischer will miss a few weeks because of a sprained left shoulder.
Fischer, Wisconsin's Mr. Basketball, is expected to play a key role in helping to replace Cody Zeller, who gave up his last two seasons of eligibility to jump to the NBA. The Hoosiers also lost freshman Troy Williams for a few weeks with an undisclosed hand injury.
Coach Tom Crean said the 6-foot-11 Fischer was playing aggressively when he was injured.
Two other Hoosiers -- swingman Austin Etherington and center Peter Jurkin -- are cleared to practice. Etherington is returning from a fractured left patella, while Jurkin is trying to return from a lower leg injury.
Crean will give his annual preseason lecture on campus Wednesday.
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 57 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 32 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 49 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 42 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos