Painter: Hale to transfer from Boilermakers
Sophomore Donnie Hale has decided to transfer from Purdue to find more playing time.
WEST LAFAYETTTE, Ind. -- Sophomore Donnie Hale has decided to transfer from Purdue to find more playing time.
Coach Matt Painter made the announcement Friday, just as the Boilermakers were getting ready to open practice this weekend.
The 6-foot-8, 221-pound forward played in 32 games last season, started eight and averaged 3.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Purdue did not say where Hale will wind up, but he will have two years of eligibility left after already using his redshirt season. In a statement, Painter wished Hale well and said he wanted to be closer to his home in New Albany, Ind., near Louisville, Ky.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos