Clemson guard Rooks hurts hip, out for season
Clemson freshman guard Patrick Rooks will miss the upcoming basketball season after injuring his hip during preseason workouts.
Tigers coach Brad Brownell announced Rooks' status Friday. Clemson is opening basketball practice on Sunday.
Rooks, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound guard from Charlotte, N.C., played for the Tigers on their trip to Italy last month. Brownell says Rooks will need surgery and the recovery time will keep him from playing this season.
Brownell says Rooks shot the ball well on the team's European trip and would've helped Clemson's 3-point shooting. The Tigers, though, have depth in the backcourt with four guards who played last year. They will get Devin Coleman back in the lineup after his season-long injury.
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 7 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
2 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos