Kentucky's Cauley-Stein to miss up to 2 weeks
Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury sustained during "basketball activity" on Friday.
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury suffered during "basketball activity" on Friday.
Cauley-Stein played in 29 games last season with 14 starts, most coming after Nerlens Noel's season-ending left knee injury on Feb. 12. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game and made the Southeastern Conference's all-rookie team.
The Olathe, Kan., native and forward Alex Poythress passed on the NBA draft to return for their sophomore seasons. They are expected to provide an inside presence and leadership on another talented Wildcats squad featuring eight freshmen including six McDonald's All-Americas.
Kentucky will hold its Big Blue Madness public practice on Oct. 18, with the Blue-White scrimmage scheduled for Oct. 29.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 5 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos