Murray State PG Jackson out for season
Murray State point guard Zay Jackson, who was expected to be the Racers top player this season, is out for the year after suffering a knee injury in practice on Saturday.
Jackson tore both his ACL and LCL when he came down awkwardly on a dunk, according to Murray State coach Steve Prohm. Jackson sat out last season and spent 49 days in jail after hitting a man with his car in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
"My heart goes out to Zay," Prohm told ESPN.com. "I truly hate this for him. He had a tremendous summer and fall for us -- both on and off the court. He's been through a lot lately."
Prohm said that Jackson's father died a couple weeks ago.
"I just want all of us to be there for him, encourage him and keep him strong in his faith during this tough time. I worry about him more mentally than I do physically."
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos