Ware expected in uniform for Louisville opener
Louisville coach Rick Pitino expects guard Kevin Ware to be in uniform when the Cardinals open their season Nov. 9 against the College of Charleston.
"He'll suit up for the first game," Pitino said. "Whether he gets in or not, we'll see."
Ware, who suffered an open fracture to his right leg during Louisville's Elite Eight game against Duke in March, was cleared to play last week and is working toward getting into game shape. Pitino expects that to happen in the next two weeks and anticipates Ware joining the team for full practice Nov. 1.
Ware, who has been concentrating on individual instruction and shooting, has been slowed this past week by a case of pinkeye, forcing him out of practice.
"He's taking it slow," Pitino said. "People want to see him on the court healthy. We want to see him flourishing."
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos