UCLA forward Bail granted eligibility by NCAA
Forward Wanaah Bail has been granted full eligibility by the NCAA to play the upcoming basketball season for UCLA after the freshman's waiver was approved.
Bail is recovering from left knee surgery and hasn't been cleared to return to practice. He had surgery to repair torn cartilage on June 28 and was originally projected to miss four months.
New Bruins coach Steve Alford says he's grateful that Bail's waiver was granted.
The 6-foot-9 forward from Houston averaged 18.5 points and 12.0 rebounds as a high school senior. He graduated in 2012.
UCLA opens the season on Nov. 8 at home against Drexel.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos