ACC to pick 2016 tourney site next year
ACC commissioner John Swofford told ESPN on Wednesday that the conference will likely pick a tournament home for 2016 early next year.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- ACC commissioner John Swofford told ESPN on Wednesday that the conference will likely pick a tournament home for 2016 early next year.
The ACC will play its tournament in Greensboro, N.C., in 2014 and '15, but future sites are open. Swofford said bids and site surveys have already been submitted.
Swofford said he would like to see the tournament rotated to different sites, and that Greensboro, Charlotte, New York City (Madison Square Garden, Barclays in Brooklyn), Washington, D.C., Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami and Orlando have expressed interest. He also said the league has a lot of interest in the two New York venues, but contractual agreements with the Big East (MSG) and A-10 (Barclays) could make it problematic.
"We have to see what is available," Swofford said. "We may just look to do it for a few years first."
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos