Golden cleared by NCAA to play at Ga. Tech
Former Tennessee guard Trae Golden has been cleared by the NCAA to play this season at Georgia Tech.
Golden, a Georgia native who averaged 12.1 points and 3.9 assists last season for the Vols, received a waiver from the NCAA in order to be closer to his ailing father.
"We are extremely grateful that the NCAA has supported and granted Trae's waiver for immediate eligibility," Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory said. "We are excited for Trae and his family. We look forward to Trae earning his degree from Georgia Tech and having a special senior season."
The Yellow Jackets were 16-15 last season.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos