Golden cleared by NCAA to play at Ga. Tech
Former Tennessee guard Trae Golden has been cleared by the NCAA to play this season at Georgia Tech.
Golden, a Georgia native who averaged 12.1 points and 3.9 assists last season for the Vols, received a waiver from the NCAA in order to be closer to his ailing father.
"We are extremely grateful that the NCAA has supported and granted Trae's waiver for immediate eligibility," Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory said. "We are excited for Trae and his family. We look forward to Trae earning his degree from Georgia Tech and having a special senior season."
The Yellow Jackets were 16-15 last season.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 27 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 19 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos