Irish's Auguste breaks hand, out 4-6 weeks
Notre Dame forward Zach Auguste is expected to miss four to six weeks with a broken left hand.
Auguste played in 25 games last season as a freshman, averaging 3.7 points, 2.7 rebounds and 10.7 minutes. The school said he fractured the hand last week, and X-rays this week confirmed the break.
Coach Mike Brey called the injury unfortunate, saying he expects the 6-foot-10 Auguste to be a key player for the Irish this season. Notre Dame opens Nov. 8 against Miami of Ohio.
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 56 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos