Pitino: Louisville on verge of 'mini-dynasty'
Rick Pitino thinks that if Louisville makes another Final Four it has the makings of a dynasty.
"It's going to be an exciting season," the Cardinals coach said, according to The (Louisville) Courier-Journal. "We are one year away from a potential mini-dynasty -- one year."
Louisville has been to seven straight NCAA tournaments, made the 2011-12 Final Four and then won it all last season.
"If these players rise to the occasion once again -- win another conference championship, go back to the Final Four -- it takes three to have the makings of a dynasty," Pitino said.
Pitino won't be starting five freshmen, like highly touted Kentucky might, but he'll also have to integrate some new players.
"I think this team is nowhere near its potential," he said, according to the newspaper. "We have so many new parts ... you've got five guys you're trying to put into the lineup, and then you try to take Montrezl Harrell and take him from a role player to someone who will play a lot of minutes. Right now we're nowhere near where we need to be, but that's to be expected."
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 3 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 56 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion 31 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 25 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- High winds cause damage across the region
25 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
3 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos