Pitino: Louisville on verge of 'mini-dynasty'
Rick Pitino thinks that if Louisville makes another Final Four it has the makings of a dynasty.
"It's going to be an exciting season," the Cardinals coach said, according to The (Louisville) Courier-Journal. "We are one year away from a potential mini-dynasty -- one year."
Louisville has been to seven straight NCAA tournaments, made the 2011-12 Final Four and then won it all last season.
"If these players rise to the occasion once again -- win another conference championship, go back to the Final Four -- it takes three to have the makings of a dynasty," Pitino said.
Pitino won't be starting five freshmen, like highly touted Kentucky might, but he'll also have to integrate some new players.
"I think this team is nowhere near its potential," he said, according to the newspaper. "We have so many new parts ... you've got five guys you're trying to put into the lineup, and then you try to take Montrezl Harrell and take him from a role player to someone who will play a lot of minutes. Right now we're nowhere near where we need to be, but that's to be expected."
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 12 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 58 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 32 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos