Georgetown: NCAA has cleared Josh Smith
Georgetown says the NCAA has cleared center Josh Smith to play basketball immediately, starting with the Hoyas' opener against Oregon in Seoul, South Korea.
WASHINGTON -- Georgetown says the NCAA has cleared center Josh Smith to play basketball immediately, starting with the Hoyas' opener against Oregon in Seoul, South Korea.
Georgetown adds Wednesday that Smith was granted a waiver for last season, when he played in six games before transferring from UCLA, meaning he has two years of eligibility remaining.
Coach John Thompson III says Smith, listed at 6-foot-10 and 350 pounds in the Hoyas' media guide, "has to maintain a high level of commitment on and off the court."
Georgetown faces Oregon on Nov. 8.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos