Georgetown: NCAA has cleared Josh Smith
Georgetown says the NCAA has cleared center Josh Smith to play basketball immediately, starting with the Hoyas' opener against Oregon in Seoul, South Korea.
WASHINGTON -- Georgetown says the NCAA has cleared center Josh Smith to play basketball immediately, starting with the Hoyas' opener against Oregon in Seoul, South Korea.
Georgetown adds Wednesday that Smith was granted a waiver for last season, when he played in six games before transferring from UCLA, meaning he has two years of eligibility remaining.
Coach John Thompson III says Smith, listed at 6-foot-10 and 350 pounds in the Hoyas' media guide, "has to maintain a high level of commitment on and off the court."
Georgetown faces Oregon on Nov. 8.
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 18 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 57 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 19 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 22 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos