Nova's Ennis breaks bone in shooting hand
Villanova sophomore Dylan Ennis broke the third metacarpal bone in his right (shooting) hand at practice Thursday and will be out at least four weeks, the school announced.
Wildcats spokesman Mike Sheridan confirmed the injury to ESPN.com.
"We're disappointed for Dylan because we know how excited he was about being out there with his teammates," stated Villanova head coach Jay Wright. "But we know that Dylan will work hard during this time so that he is ready to help us as soon as his injury has healed."
The 6-foot-2 Ennis, the older brother of Syracuse freshman Tyler Ennis, averaged 8.5 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game at Rice as a freshman in 2011-12.
Villanova's Jay Wright said Ennis will figure into the rotation this season with his ability to score the ball on the perimeter. The Wildcats were 20-14 overall last season and return four starters from a team that went to the NCAA tournament.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 20 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
24 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
35 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos