Big East adds Jernstedt as senior adviser
Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
NEW YORK -- Longtime NCAA executive Tom Jernstedt has been appointed senior adviser to the Big East Conference.
The hiring was announced Monday by Big East commissioner Val Ackerman. Jernstedt will work with Ackerman, conference personnel and the league's 10 schools on men's and women's basketball matters. His job starts Nov. 4.
Jernstedt was at the NCAA office for almost 40 years and was instrumental in the growth of the March tournament. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
Ackerman said "few have as keen a grasp as he does of the intricacies of the NCAA and the college basketball world."
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos