UCLA forward Wear diagnosed with appendicitis
UCLA forward Travis Wear has been diagnosed with appendicitis.
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA forward Travis Wear has been diagnosed with appendicitis.
The fifth-year senior didn't practice Monday and was being treated at a hospital.
A team spokesman says there's no timetable for Wear to return.
Wear averaged 10.9 points and 5.2 rebounds while starting 31 of 32 games last season. He was expected to be a key part of the Bruins' frontcourt again this season.
UCLA opens the season at home against Drexel on Nov. 8.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos