Freshmen star in UK's Blue-White scrimmage
James Young scored 25 points on 11-of-16 shooting and Julius Randle added 21 as the Blue squad cruised past the White 99-71 in Kentucky's Blue-White scrimmage on Tuesday night.
The public workout featuring the nation's top freshman class saw many of Kentucky's six McDonald's All-American recruits delight a crowd of 15,305 with highlight-variety plays. A series of nice drives highlighted Young's stellar night, while Randle (eight rebounds) was strong inside on both ends.
Aaron Harrison added 19 points and six assists for the Blue, which hit its first six shots en route to finishing 43 of 69 from the field (62 percent) and outrebounding the White 36-28. Dakari Johnson had 15 points and nine rebounds.
Also at the scrimmage, two students won a scholarship drawing in which coach John Calipari will cover their spring semester tuition, the Lexington Herald Leader reported. Calipari told the newspaper the odds of winning were 250-to-1. Each scholarship is worth about $5,000.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 16 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 49 min ago
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 23 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos