Terps' Allen breaks foot, will miss 8-10 weeks
Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen sustained a fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his left foot and will miss eight to 10 weeks, coach Mark Turgeon said Wednesday.
"We are devastated for Seth," Turgeon said in a statement Wednesday. "He was playing at a very high level throughout the summer and fall and was poised to have an excellent start to the season."
The 6-foot-1 Allen, who suffered the injury at the end of Tuesday's practice when he landed awkwardly on the foot, had begun to make the transition last season from shooting guard to the point guard position. He averaged 7.8 points and 2.3 assists a year ago as a freshman.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 54 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos