Cyclones' Ejim out 4-6 weeks with knee injury
Iowa State senior forward Melvin Ejim likely will be out until December after hyperextending his left knee in practice.
The Cyclones say that Ejim, a preseason All-Big 12 pick and the league's top rebounder last season, is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Ejim's absence will be a huge blow for Iowa State to overcome during its non-conference schedule. The Cyclones will likely face No. 7 Michigan, BYU and Auburn without Ejim, who also led the Big 12 with 15 double-doubles last season.
Iowa State will open its season on Nov. 10 against UNC-Wilmington with just one returning starter, sophomore Georges Niang.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos