UNC holds Hairston, 2 more out of exhibition
North Carolina will hold junior P.J. Hairston, senior Leslie McDonald, and sophomore J.P. Tokoto out of the lineup for Friday night's exhibition against UNC Pembroke, the Tar Heels announced.
Tokoto, who was also held out of the team's closed scrimmage with Vanderbilt, was forced out for playing two unsanctioned summer league games. He will be back for the Nov. 8 season opener against Oakland.
UNC continues to await word from the NCAA regarding eligibility issues for Hairston and McDonald.
Collectively, the trio represents the Tar Heels' experience at shooting guard and small forward. In their absence, UNC might pair a big lineup in the frontcourt with a smaller backcourt.
James Michael McAdoo will likely see extended time at small forward, which will mean the Heels will play two of their bigs at the same time. That could mean a combination of sophomores Brice Johnson and Joel James at power forward and center, respectively.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos