Rhode Island's Hare takes leave of absence
Rhode Island sophomore big man Jordan Hare has taken an indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons and his future with the program is uncertain.
The school announced Hare had taken the leave of absence Friday.
The 6-foot-10 Hare averaged 5.2 points and 4.0 rebounds while starting 19 games as a freshman last season and was expected to be a key piece for the Rams this season.
However, sources told ESPN.com that there is a chance that Hare -- who will remain enrolled as a student at the school -- will not return to the team.
Rhode Island finished 8-21 last season in Dan Hurley's first at the helm. However, the Rams are expected to take a step forward with the addition of transfers Gil Biruta (Rutgers), Biggie Minnis (Texas Tech) and Jarelle Reischel (Rice).
The loss of Hare will certainly have an impact on URI this season as Hurley was hoping that the Saginaw, Mich., native would develop into one of the top frontline players in the A-10.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 29 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 21 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 25 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 14 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
34 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos