Arizona clears Peters (concussions) to practice
Arizona big man Zach Peters practiced with the Wildcats after being cleared on Tuesday.
The 6-foot-10, 240-pound Peters was cleared by the NCAA on Sept. 26 but needed to be cleared by the school after suffering multiple concussions while at Kansas a year ago. Sources told ESPN that Peters was cleared by medical personnel earlier this week.
With Arizona losing skilled forward Grant Jerrett early to the NBA, the team's primary weakness entering the season is perimeter shooting. Peters is capable of filling a similar role as Jerrett with his size and ability to shoot from the perimeter.
Peters, a Texas native who enrolled at Kansas a year ago, transferred in November prior to playing a game with the Jayhawks.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 38 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos