No. 5 power forward Travis selects Stanford
Stanford landed its third ESPN 100 prospect in the Class of 2014 when Reid Travis (Minneapolis/De La Salle) announced his commitment to the Cardinal on Friday afternoon.
Reid is the No. 23 overall prospect and the No. 5 power forward in the nation. Travis chose Stanford over Duke, Minnesota and Gonzaga.
Travis is a pure power forward who stays near the basket to post up, rebound, screen and make short jumpers. In the paint, he creates fouls and gets to the free throw line. His combination of strength and a soft touch make him a scoring threat on every possession.
Travis' stock rose during the spring and summer because of his consistent and at times dominant play. He stood out in just about every venue against many of the best players in the country.
He helped lead his AAU team, Howard Pulley, to the AAU Super Showcase championship in Orlando, Fla. In the final, he finished with 27 points and seven rebounds while playing alongside ESPN 100 point guard Tyus Jones (Apple Valley, Minn./Apple Valley), the No. 4 overall prospect in the Class of 2014.
Standing courtside at that game and during the championship ceremony was Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins. He had tracked Travis through the spring and summer until the end of the evaluating period, and it paid off Friday.
Travis is expected to make his commitment official during college basketball's early signing period, which begins Wednesday.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos