Johnson leaves Cal team to focus on school
Sophomore guard Kahlil Johnson has left the California men's basketball team, a decision the school says is to turn his attention on academics.
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Sophomore guard Kahlil Johnson has left the California men's basketball team, a decision the school says is to turn his attention on academics.
Johnson will remain enrolled at Cal, where his playing time might have been limited this season on coach Mike Montgomery's deep team.
Johnson, who is from Los Angeles, had six points and five rebounds in 17 minutes while playing in six games last season as a freshman.
Montgomery made the announcement Friday before his Golden Bears were set to open the season at home against Coppin State.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 29 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 59 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos