Gamecocks' Johnson granted NCAA waiver
Villanova transfer Tyrone Johnson was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately for South Carolina instead of waiting until next month.
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Villanova transfer Tyrone Johnson was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately for South Carolina instead of waiting until next month.
Gamecocks coach Frank Martin said Johnson would be eligible to play when the team opens the season Saturday against Longwood. Johnson is a 6-foot-3 guard from Plainfield, N.J., who left Villanova for South Carolina last January. He was not expected to play for the Gamecocks until mid-December after the first semester ended.
Johnson has practiced with the team since enrolling at South Carolina last January. He started nine games for Villanova in 2011-12, averaging 3.3 points over 32 games.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 12 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 59 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
54 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos