Prep school boots Cuse commit McCullough
Syracuse commit Chris McCullough has been dismissed from Brewster Academy.
Brewster coach Jason Smith told ESPN.com on Monday morning that the talented 6-foot-9 forward was kicked out for a "violation of school policy." Smith declined further comment on the details as to why McCullough was dismissed.
The New York native was in his second year at Brewster Academy and is considered one of the elite players in the country, ranked No. 16 by ESPN.com in the Class of 2014. He is expected to sign a letter of intent with Syracuse this week when the early signing period begins.
There was speculation this past offseason that McCullough might try to enroll this season at Syracuse, but sources told ESPN.com that it would have been a major stretch academically.
McCullough will now have to find another school quickly in order to make sure he remains on track academically to attend Syracuse next season.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 50 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos