Prep school boots Cuse commit McCullough
Syracuse commit Chris McCullough has been dismissed from Brewster Academy.
Brewster coach Jason Smith told ESPN.com on Monday morning that the talented 6-foot-9 forward was kicked out for a "violation of school policy." Smith declined further comment on the details as to why McCullough was dismissed.
The New York native was in his second year at Brewster Academy and is considered one of the elite players in the country, ranked No. 16 by ESPN.com in the Class of 2014. He is expected to sign a letter of intent with Syracuse this week when the early signing period begins.
There was speculation this past offseason that McCullough might try to enroll this season at Syracuse, but sources told ESPN.com that it would have been a major stretch academically.
McCullough will now have to find another school quickly in order to make sure he remains on track academically to attend Syracuse next season.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos