Louisville's Hancock, Behanan make debuts
Louisville is expected to get Luke Hancock back on Tuesday night against Hofstra, and Chane Behanan also could make his season debut.
Hancock missed the entire preseason and the season opener against Charleston with an Achilles injury, but came off the bench to give the third-ranked Cardinals eight points and three rebounds over 15 minutes.
Hancock is a key piece for Louisville because of his leadership, shooting ability and high basketball IQ.
"He won't miss a beat," coach Rick Pitino said before Tuesday's game. "He's as smart a player as I've coached."
Hancock checked in at 3:45, and the Final Four MVP was greeted with cheers of "Luuuke!" as he checked in.
"It felt great, 100 percent," Hancock said. "Felt good. Just trying to play hard and play defense. I felt good about them playing mostly zone so I was going to be able contribute and help out. I was really trying to help out on defense, trying to do the little things."
The 6-foot-6 Behanan was reinstated to the team Monday after missing a month of the preseason for violating an unspecified school policy.
Behanan was in street clothes for Saturday's victory against Charleston. His return to action Tuesday ended his indefinite suspension at 26 days, dating back to Oct. 17. He remains under disciplinary probation for the rest of the season.
Pitino feared Behanan would be "a little rusty," but the forward played 14 minutes off the bench, tallying four points, a rebound and a steal.
Kevin Ware, who suffered a gruesome leg injury in March in the Elite Eight, was a possibility to return Tuesday, but didn't take the court.
Pitino said Saturday that Ware, who played 10 minutes in an exhibition contest, would be out a few more weeks.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos