Nine freshmen make Wooden watch list
For the first time in its history, the preseason watch list for the John R. Wooden Award can include freshmen and transfers, and in this, the year of the freshman, the list is loaded with first-year players.
For the first time, the John R. Wooden Award preseason watch list can include freshmen and transfers, so it's no surprise that, in the "Year of the Freshman," the list is loaded with first-year players.
Despite all of the attention the freshmen are getting, the Wooden Award watch list remains top-heavy with upperclassmen. Seventeen seniors made the initial list, including two-time Creighton All-American Doug McDermott, who finished third in last year's balloting.
The list will be pared to 25 in January, and finalists will be announced in March. Players who did not appear on this initial preseason watch list can be added throughout the course of the season.
The Wooden Award will be presented at the Final Four in North Texas. Michigan's Trey Burke was last year's winner.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos