Huskies' Jarreau tears ACL, out for season
Washington forward Jernard Jarreau will miss the rest of the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee less than two minutes into the Huskies' season opener.
Washington announced the results of an MRI on Jarreau's injured knee Wednesday morning.
Jarreau was injured when he went down awkwardly on a breakaway with 18:25 left in the first half of the opener against Seattle on Sunday. Jarreau appeared to be clipped by Seattle's Isiah Umipig as he went up for the basket and he landed in a heap. Jarreau was on the court for several minutes before being helped to the locker room.
Jarreau, expected to be a starter, had 17 points and nine rebounds in the Huskies' exhibition win over Central Washington.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ