Louisville's Ware has court date postponed
The court date for Louisville junior guard Kevin Ware has been rescheduled for Nov. 25. He faces charges of speeding and reckless driving.
Ware, who recently returned to the Cardinals from a gruesome right leg injury that made him an inspirational figure during the team's NCAA title run last spring, was scheduled to appear Monday in Barren County Circuit Court.
Kentucky State Police cited Ware on Oct. 26 for driving his 2013 Dodge Challenger 95 mph in a construction zone.
Cardinals coach Rick Pitino was surprised to hear about Ware's situation during Monday's news conference.
Later Monday, Pitino told ESPN.com that Ware forgot about the court date. Pitino expects Ware to lose his license, but the guard won't face any team discipline at this time.
"I don't get into parking tickets and things like that, as long as there is no drinking going on," Pitino told ESPN.com. "I chewed [him] out pretty good for being foolish. But as far as punishment, he will lose his license and he will be walking a lot. I hope he likes walking. Hey, it will be good for his leg."
Third-ranked Louisville (3-0) hosts Hartford on Tuesday.
Information from ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos