DeMoss leaving Summitt, UT for job with Fever
Veteran coach Mickie DeMoss is leaving Pat Summitt's Tennessee staff to take a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Veteran coach Mickie DeMoss is leaving Pat Summitt's Tennessee staff to take a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.
She is a 35-year veteran including eight years as head coach at Kentucky and Florida. DeMoss spent the past two seasons at Tennessee and 18 years previously with the Lady Vols.
She said in a news release from Tennessee she's always wanted to coach in the WNBA.
The 59-year-old Summitt announced in August she has early onset dementia, Alzheimer's type. Summitt has said she wants to coach as long she can.
The decision of whether Summitt returns for her 39th season or steps down solely belongs to Summitt. She has two years left on her contract, and Tennessee officials have said they will support her in whatever she chooses to do.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 26 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 44 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos