DeMoss leaving Summitt, UT for job with Fever
Veteran coach Mickie DeMoss is leaving Pat Summitt's Tennessee staff to take a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Veteran coach Mickie DeMoss is leaving Pat Summitt's Tennessee staff to take a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.
She is a 35-year veteran including eight years as head coach at Kentucky and Florida. DeMoss spent the past two seasons at Tennessee and 18 years previously with the Lady Vols.
She said in a news release from Tennessee she's always wanted to coach in the WNBA.
The 59-year-old Summitt announced in August she has early onset dementia, Alzheimer's type. Summitt has said she wants to coach as long she can.
The decision of whether Summitt returns for her 39th season or steps down solely belongs to Summitt. She has two years left on her contract, and Tennessee officials have said they will support her in whatever she chooses to do.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos