Sparks sign Miller to help fill void in backcourt
The Los Angeles Sparks have signed guard Coco Miller to fill a vacancy in their backcourt.LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Sparks have signed guard Coco Miller to fill a vacancy in their backcourt.
The opening was created when the team waived guard Sharnee Zoll last week after she tore the ACL in her left knee.
Miller averaged 7.3 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 31 games with the Atlanta Dream last season. She spent the past three seasons in Atlanta playing under current Sparks coach Carol Ross, who was an assistant with the Dream.
Miller is starting her 12th season in the WNBA, having spent eight years with the Washington Mystics, who drafted her in 2001. She was the league's most improved player in 2002.
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos