Dream's McCoughtry sidelined with MCL sprain
Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry missed Sunday's game against Connecticut due to a sprained left knee.ATLANTA -- Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry missed Sunday's game against Connecticut due to a sprained left knee.
McCoughtry, the WNBA's leading scorer, finished with 31 points in a blowout win Friday over the Los Angeles Sparks, but played with her knee heavily wrapped.
She was diagnosed with a sprained medial collateral ligament.
Before leading Atlanta to the 2011 WNBA Finals for the second straight year, McCoughtry was limited to the start of last season with a sprain in the same knee.
Rookie Tiffany Hayes started in McCoughtry's spot against Connecticut.
McCoughtry did not start the victory over Los Angeles because of a dispute with coach Marynell Meadors over a team rule violation. She sat on the bench Sunday, but was not in uniform.
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos