Fever elevate GM Krauskopf to team president
Indiana Fever general manger Kelly Krauskopf has a new title -- team president.INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Fever general manger Kelly Krauskopf has a new title -- team president.
The team announced Tuesday that it had promoted the longtime front-office executive a little more than a week after the Fever won their first WNBA championship.
Krauskopf has been Indiana's chief operating officer since 1999 when the team was founded and became the GM in 2004, constructing teams that have made eight straight playoff appearances. Team owner Herb Simon praised Krauskopf for her basketball knowledge.
She also has helped select the women's Olympic team since 2000 and served as the league's first director of basketball operations before joining the Fever. The Texas A&M graduate also was assistant athletic director for sports at her alma mater and assistant commissioner of the now defunct Southwest Conference.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 6 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 33 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos