Texas Tech's Nobles out with nerve disorder
Texas Tech junior forward Shauntal Nobles is out indefinitely because of a nerve disorder.LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech junior forward Shauntal Nobles is out indefinitely because of a nerve disorder.
Coach Kristy Curry says Nobles has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome, where the immune system attacks the nervous system in the body's extremities. The disease can cause paralysis and in extreme cases be life-threatening. Most patients recover fully, but that recovery can take from a few weeks to a few years.
The Justin Northwest graduate from the Fort Worth suburb of Haslet played in all 35 games last season, starting 17. She averaged 6.7 points with a team-high .475 shooting percentage from the field. She also averaged 5.5 rebounds, including a team-high 3.1 on offense.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 2 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos