No. 13 recruit Williams says she picked Florida
Ronni Williams, the No. 13 prospect in the 2013 class, has decided to stay close to home.Ronni Williams, the No. 13 prospect in the 2013 class, has decided to stay close to home.
The 6-foot-2 senior wing out of Atlantic High in Delray Beach, Fla., gave her verbal commitment to Florida and coach Amanda Butler on Friday, she told the Daytona Beach News-Journal.
"I want to play in the SEC," Williams told the newspaper. "Academics are important, too."
Williams, a five-star prospect who has been named player of the year three times by the News-Journal, is the Gators' first commit in the 2013 class.
All-SEC selection Jennifer George is the lone senior on the Gators' roster.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 17 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 56 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 36 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos