Baylor still No. 1 as top 5 unchanged in AP poll
Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.
The Lady Bears received all the first-place votes Monday after routing Lamar. The top five teams remained unchanged with UConn, Duke, Stanford and Maryland following Baylor.
The Lady Bears have a busy week ahead. They host No. 6 Kentucky on Tuesday before heading to Hawaii to play in the Rainbow Wahine Classic. Baylor will face the fourth-ranked Cardinal on Friday in a rematch of a national semifinal game from last season.
Texas jumped into the rankings at No. 19 after beating then-No. 14 St. John's. The Red Storm fell to 20th. Georgetown also entered the poll at No. 25 after knocking off then-No. 11 Delaware. The Blue Hens, who fell to 17th, are missing star Elena Delle Donne, who is dealing with symptoms of Lyme disease.
Georgia Tech and DePaul dropped out of the poll.
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos